With constant advancements and upgrades in technology, as well as improved understanding and circulation of traditional practices for ensuring a long and healthy life, we have all the tools necessary to sustain our health past previous life expectancies. All it takes is a little discipline, a little know-how, and a little awareness. However, this past year, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the CDC released a report stating that the overall life expectancy for adults in the United States dropped by an entire year. Here are 6 ways you can proactively tackle your health and work to ensure you live a long and rewarding life.
- Regularly have Health Checkups – Whether you go to the doctor’s office for a yearly checkup or you receive regular preventative health screenings, make sure you’re ahead of the curve with your health. Don’t wait until you have a disease or health issue arise before getting a checkup. Be proactive with your health.
- Eat a Healthy Diet – What you put in your body to fuel yourself plays a huge role in your health. A healthy diet ensures you have enough vitamins, nutrients, and anything else your body could need, while also weeding out harmful substances, such as processed sugars and high-fructose corn syrup. Just switching sodas out of your diet can make a massive difference.
- Get Moving – It’s no mystery that regular exercise will let you get into great shape. A consistent exercise system will work wonders for your physical health and mental wellbeing. Just a short 20-minute walk will benefit you!
- Eat Earlier in the Day – An eating pattern where you intermittently fast has been shown to provide various health benefits, such as improved cholesterol levels, blood sugar, and mental clarity. Try eating in an 8-hour window and abstaining from food the other 16-hours of the day, so you could eat from 10 am to 6 pm and fast from 6 pm till 10 am the next day.
- Work on Dropping Bad Habits – Vices like alcohol, smoking, or even excess sugar can have an extremely negative impact on your health. There’s a laundry list of health problems that can be drawn back to these three bad habits, so simply cutting them out can work wonders for your health.
- Sleep! – Regularly having a healthy night of rest is critical for your body to function in top form. Many different habits and, unfortunately, normal occurrences can impair your sleep. Some quick tips for getting a good night of sleep are: try and set up a sleep schedule, avoid screens and eating an hour before going to bed, and be physically active during the day.
It is never too early – or too late! – to work towards living a longer, healthier life. Ensure you supply your body with enough different vitamins and nutrients with regular supplements and daily vitamins, such as BodyK’s Active B Trio supplement or with Micellized Vitamin A supplement for immune support. Another service we have available here at BodyK is our Wellness Coaching which will provide you with different ways to improve your health after a brief consult.