Now more than ever having a healthy immune system is key. The world is opening up again, and people are coming out to catch up on a year’s worth of missed opportunities. After social distancing has been the accepted norm, it’s becoming increasingly common to have people shed their mask and stand side-by-side. Now that we’re all back out in society going about our day, despite new variants of COVID-19 existing, it’s important to have a strong immune system to keep you healthy. One of the best ways to promote your immune system is by doing something most people enjoy: eating! Here are 8 great immune-boosting foods!
- Citrus Fruits: Most citrus fruits are exceptionally high in Vitamin C which is essential for having a strong immune system. The only way to get Vitamin C is through your food or supplements, so make sure you’re eating citrus!
- Red Bell Peppers: While most people immediately think of citrus for acquiring Vitamin C, the best source for Vitamin C among fruits and vegetables are red bell peppers. They hold nearly three times the amount of Vitamin C as an orange!
- Broccoli: If you’re looking for a powerhouse vegetable that comes with a boatload of vitamins and antioxidants, look no further! Broccoli is packed with Fiber, Antioxidants, and Vitamin A, C, and E. Try eating broccoli raw or steaming it to preserve the maximum amount of nutrients.
- Garlic: The main active ingredient and the reason that garlic has it’s typical smell and taste is a compound called allicin. When allicin breaks down, it converts into a few other compounds that promote the response of white blood cells against viruses.
- Spinach: Another green vegetable that’s packed with immune system-boosting vitamins. Spinach is packed with Vitamin C, Antioxidants, and Beta Carotene. Similarly to broccoli, spinach is best eaten raw or lightly steamed to preserve its nutrients.
- Yogurt: Probiotics are one of the best ways to promote your gut health, where 70% of the immune system resides. Probiotics replenish the gut microbiome, which, in turn, boost your immune system.
- Almonds: Most people immediately turn to Vitamin C when they come down with a cold, however, Vitamin E is another helpful nutrient to combat sickness.
- Elderberries: This small berry has been historically used to fight sickness. Elderberries are packed with antioxidants, and many consider elderberries to be a superpowered fruit to fight colds and the flu.
Alongside these superfoods, you can try BodyK’s Strong Immunity Boost Box, which contains supplements, such as Vitamin D3, Galactomune, and Immunothera, for a powerful boost to your immune system. These supplements work great in tandem with eating these superfoods to stay healthy.